In honor of Pride month, here are 9 things you can do to support the LGBTQ+ community:
0. Zero? Yes, zero. The best way to gear up for pride is to do so all day everyday. For Mossier pride never stops. Ever. You can do this bingo whenever, wherever it’s not just for pride month in June. This is also a great place to start if your ERG, affinity group, or working group is at a loss with how to begin supporting LGBTQ folks.
1. Attend a Mossier Event – We host a monthly meetup about LGBTQ+ and workplace equity. We also have events specifically for queer job seekers. Stay up to date with our events by signing up for our newsletter. Check out our events here.
2. Read a book from our booklist – Expand your knowledge about the LGBTQ+ community by reading books written by LGBTQ+ authors. There are many great books to choose from, including memoirs, poetry, and fiction. Don’t know where to start? That’s okay we made a list of books written by queer authors!
3. Hire an LGBTQ person for an event – When planning an event, consider hiring an LGBTQ+ person to provide insight, entertainment, or other services. Supporting LGBTQ+ businesses and individuals helps promote equality in the workplace. We created a list of artists to get you started!
4. Read one of our blogs – We have blogs on pronouns, LGBTQ+ job interview questions, how to handle a homophobic boss and more! Check out our blog here!
5. Share a Mossier event – Help spread the word about Mossier’s events by sharing them on social media or telling your friends and family. Follow us on LinkedIn + Instagram for regular updates!
6. Donate to an LGBTQ+ nonprofit – There are many non-profit organizations that work to support the LGBTQ+ community, including the Human Rights Campaign, the Trevor Project, and GLAAD. Consider donating to one of these organizations to help promote equality. For a list of local Twin Cities organizations visit our blog!
7. Attend a local LGBTQ+ event – Many cities and towns host LGBTQ+ events throughout the year, including pride parades, film festivals, and cultural events. Attend one to show your support for the community. For a list of local Twin Cities events visit our blog!
8. Go to a Pride festival – Pride festivals are an important part of the LGBTQ+ community and offer a chance to celebrate diversity and equality. Attend one to show your support and have fun.
9. Buy LGBTQ+ art – Many LGBTQ+ artists create beautiful works of art that celebrate diversity and promote equality. Consider buying a piece of LGBTQ+ art to support the community and add a unique piece to your collection. For a list of local Twin Cities creatives visit our blog!