Are you LGBTQ+ and unemployed, underemployed, or just not feeling your current job? Have you been casually looking for a job, or aggressively applying but stuck? It’s alright, it happens and we might be able to help.
We consider ourselves the fairy godmother of job applications, searching, interviews and more. Let us work our magic on you, apply to become a participant in the Mossier Queer Career Coaching 1 Week Intensive. We welcome folks who are currently employed or unemployed, in various stages of their professional career, and there is no age limit. Our member organizations vary across fields and open jobs so we have a large database to choose from!
The first week of the fellowship are meetings about your professional history, hopes and aspirations. Then, we will work together to polish your resume, interview skills and answer any question you may have about the process. Finally, we will send you hand picked job applications and introduce you to recruiters!
The intensive will include:
- 60-minute 1:1 with each participant for a Career Discovery Conversation (understand their employment history, hopes and dreams, job goals)
- 60-minute resume review with group
- 60-minute interviewing training with group
- Mossier will make job suggestions, introductions to recruiters
- 60-minute accountability session, get everyone together and apply for jobs together, troubleshoot application questions, hiring questions in real time, we will also talk about as-needed things like “What do I do with my LinkedIn” and how to research employers and opportunities.
As needed: email and virtual support with Mossier has you navigate hiring process, negotiate your job offer. Mossier will continue to identify potential roles for each job seeker and check in with each job seeker
Note: The larger group meetings will be scheduled after business hours Mon-Fri approximately 5 – 6pm CST, the individual 1 on 1 meetings can be more flexible depending on the persons schedule.
Start: Rolling applications and admissions
Time commitment: 4-5 hr/ per week the first week, and 1-2 hr/ week afterwards
Mossier is committed to connecting LGBTQ+ folks with safe, quality employment opportunities. There is no shortage of diverse, innovative talent and we are honored to support the community through our employment services.
Learn more about us here: https://www.mossier.com/about/
List of Member Organizations
- Allina Health
- Andersen Windows & Doors
- Arctic Wolf
- General Mills
- Code 42
- Land O Lakes
- Lurie Children’s Hospital
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Minneapolis Foundation
- Turnberry Solutions
- Planned Parenthood
- Star Tribune
*Note: Due to Mossier being a small organization we will not be able to guarantee participation in the career coaching program to every applicant. Mossier’s free job seeker membership will still get you job board, resume database access and ongoing resources for upping your career skills